Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quick Update

Because I have a few minutes to spare while I listen to music that I am preparing for a life-skill I'm doing for the kids at work, I decided to post something. It's funny because I am always lecturing my kids to relax, stay in the moment and not be so concerned about what's for dinner, or what's going on in another part of the house, etc. etc., yet I am that person too! I am so anxious and always looking to be doing something (even if it is just worrying about something else) that I can't just sit here and enjoy 20 minutes listening to music I've never heard. I have to be updating my checkbook, checking facebook, checking my email five times in five minutes, and now blogging. I'm pathetic.... :-)

I know everyone is dying to hear about the many amazing adventures I've been having because my life is just so riveting and unpredictably awesome, right?! Wrong. In fact, things on the homefront have been pretty boring lately, although that is not to say they haven't been extremely busy at the same time. Does that even make sense?

Well... I recently started working for a professor at BYU as a research assistant and my current duties include a lot of PR work to get the word out about an important global conference on Human Trafficking. I am so excited to be part of this incredible project, but now I'm cursing my lack of ingenuity when it comes to the many technological advances of the internet, specifically social networking sites. I have been assigned the task of making a facebook page, setting up a twitter, and creating a blog to raise awareness about this event and getting people to register, submit papers and attend. The only problem is, I am CLUELESS when it comes to doing this. Sure, I have a personal blog, and facebook, but Twitter?! It's like a whole different language! And how do you use these sites to contact people you don't even know?! I have yet to figure it out.

Another important news bulletin: this just in!

Savannah has lost a total of 4.4 lbs in the last two and half weeks! I know it's not much, but damn, it's nice to see the scale move down instead of up for a change! I only hope I can stay dedicated enough to continue until I lose my goal of 30 lbs. Time will tell, I guess.

Well, I should probably get out of bed now and get ready to face the day! I am actually somewhat excited about tonight... I get to work with my BFFF from work! (BestFreakingFriendForever... in case you were wondering. Yup, I stole it from a kid at work... hahahaha)

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment