Wednesday, March 5, 2014

adventures with two under 2.

So I am only two weeks into this whole "having two kids under 2" thing, and I have to say, it's been quite a riot.

Here are some gems from these past few days that I thought I would share:

My parents came to spend the weekend with us after Atticus was born. Miles was super excited to have his Auntie "Car-a-yine," "Papa," and "Bamma" around to indulge him with attention 24/7. One morning, Atticus let out an extremely loud poop. My dad says something along the lines of: "Dang, he's already full of..." (followed by a pause so as not to swear), and Miles immediately follows with: "Sit, sit, sit!!" All of us start busting a gut, because it seriously sounded like he could have been completing my dad's sentence. Instead he was just putting his new found desire for bossiness into practice and demanding that my dad sit in the chair next to him while he ate his breakfast.

My doula came by this week for my first postnatal visit. We are chatting with her about internet providers in the area, and Brett starts talking: "Yeah, the only downside is..." A few seconds later, Miles starts jabbering about "the downside..." Some of his other funny mimics include: "you kee me!" (you're kidding me!) "indeed" "come on son!" " 'cuse me" (excuse me), "my not?" (why not?), "oh gosh..." There are far many more, but I'm just too sleep deprived to think of them right now.
  
The other day, Brett had an episode of Robin William's new show on when Miles woke up from his nap. During one scene there was a guy without his shirt on, which of course, Miles noted immediately. "Naked guy!" All night during and after his bath, all he kept talking about was "Naked guy on tv." "Yes, Miles, for the 12th time, you did see a naked guy on tv. Now please don't tell anyone else that or they'll think we are the worst parents ever..."

Ok, so this one is more adorable than funny...

Miles has learned how to read. And by read, I mean, he's memorized the "storyline" from "Hop on Pop" and some of his other favorite books. He will sit on the rocking chair by himself turning pages... "Pup cup. House mouse. All tall. Play ball. Fall wall. Red bed." etc. etc.

My favorite is the following dialogue:
Me: "Where is Brown?"
Miles: "dare-sa Brown"
Me: "Mr. Brown is..."
Miles: "TOWN!"

And for good measure, here's an adorable picture of him reading to his new little brother.
I guess having two-under-two isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment