Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This just about sums it all up.

I have no space
no room to move around
and this box is getting smaller
I'm trying to get out

How did I get so far
from where I was
when did I decide
to lose my way
who have I become

I've got a new low
all 52 cards in a row
I see now that I won't let go
no I won't let go

Well who am I?
a cold shoulder left to cry
you feel bad, well so do I
yeah so do I

I've been right
I've been left
I've been wrong
I've been left behind
I've been up but mostly down

I can not help feeling like
I have so much at stake
so I lock myself inside my head
and I just run in place

So many directions I don't
know which way to go
I'm so busy doing nothing
I got nothing to show

I make mistakes
just like everybody else
but instead of letting go of it
I can't forgive myself

Well I did my time
in the windowless box
like it or not
all I got now is today
tomorrow aint here
and yesterday is gone dead on me anyway

1 comment: