Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 a.m. blogging

If my word is my bond, I guess it is most like rubber cement... Does anyone really like that stuff? It's all brown and gross and isn't really effective keeping things stuck together... In other words, my bond SUCKS. I guess the whole, write for thirty minutes a day until April 30th went right down the tube. I really can't commit to anything for longer than a week... Sad. It's truly a wonder I am still married! Things have been crazy on the homefront this week. And on the workfront, and on the schoolfront, and .... yeah yeah yeah, you get it. I had to read a 200 page book, write a 5 page report on it and write a research paper within 2 days this last week. I am really starting to regret taking on an extra day a week at work, because I would be so much less stressed if I just had one more day to work on things. I am hoping to get not only caught up, but ahead while on Spring Break next week. Yeah, right. Right?

I am now finally somewhat back in business. I mailed my 9th and final grad school application on Wednesday and children in Japan probably heard my ridiculously loud and long sigh of relief. I am SO glad to finally be done with this process... All I can say is it BETTER be worth it! Now that I'm not so preoccupied and stressed with getting them finished, I am starting to feel the mounting anxiety and wonder if I will actually get into the schools I want to go to the most... I guess all I can do is wait and see.

This week has also been crazy (but kind of exciting) because I have been arranging the details of my (and Brett's) graduation. I really can't believe that I am really done in a month and a half... While me and my mom were e-mailing back and forth about the graduation ceremony the other day, she made an interesting point. I am the first of the "Parry" grandkids to graduate college. I don't know if that statement is 100 percent true (I am pretty sure at least a couple of my cousins started college...whether they finished or not is lost on me) but if so, it is really kinda crazy to think about. I know it is somewhat vain and gloaty to say that I am proud of myself, but I really think I am. I have worked my ass off for so long and now I feel that I finally have something to show for it.

Despite my excitement to once again be recognized in a pretty cheesy ceremony, I am also somewhat sad. My grandma Parry was a lot like me; strong, independent, etc. If I really am the first Parry grandkid to graduate, I am sure that she would be extremely proud. It has been really hard for me to not have her and my other grandparents around these past few years to share my most special moments with me. They were not there when I got my associates degree, or when I got back from my trip to France. It was extremely hard to not have them in the temple when me and Brett got married. That day was one I had been working towards for a really long time, and though it was one of the happiest days ever, I would have loved to share it with some of the most important people in my life.

Wow, I just started bawling even writing that... I am getting too nostalgic, and I don't even know where that came from... Well, It is now 2:30 a.m. and Roseanne is still on, so I think I'm going to try and relax from a long day at work and get some sleep. I'll try and be better about writing and find something to say tomorrow. Until then... Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment